skip to main content
Crystal Lamle Phone Icon 580-863-2231 Email Icon Email

From the Counselor's Office

Check out the links page in particular the okcollegestart scholarship link. There are still scholarships with future deadlines available.



* The Junior Welfare League of Enid is offering a $1,000 scholarship for a senior in Garfield County.  Anyone interested in the criteria and application can get information from Mr. Weibling.  All applications must be received by March 1, 2018.

* The Gene Belcher Foundation Scholarship was formed to assist students from Northwest Oklahoma with their post‐secondary education expenses at any college, university, or technology center.  ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 1, 2018.  Click here for the link to information and applications.

* The ORRC Scholarship will need to be turned in at the Enid FSA Office. Do not send it to the ORRC office. The Garfield County Farm Service Center will deliver it there. Applications are due to the Enid FSA Office no later than Wednesday, April 11, 2018.  Anyone interested in the criteria and application can get information from Mr. Weibling.

* The Northwest Oklahoma Osteopathic Foundation is offering a scholarship to high school Seniors interested in medicine as a career.  Applications can be found in the counselor's office.  Deadline for this scholarship is April 6, 2018.

* The Garber Alumni Scholarship will be a paper application as in the past. There are 4 scholarships awarded from this application: the Meryl Huntsinger Award; Garber Championship Award; Breckinridge Award; and Garber Alumni Award. Make sure your senior applies for these scholarships. They can be used at any college, university or tech center. 

The local scholarship application will also be distributed this Spring.  Our local organizations (Lions, Volunteer Firefighters, GCIA, Athenian Club, True and Honest Workers, Linda DeShazo) use this application to make selections.

 * St Mary's Volunteer Scholarship will again be available. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. With their application they are required to turn in an official transcript, and Federal Income Tax Return, Adjusted Gross Income page. 

* Those seniors who plan to attend Oklahoma State University should apply for the OSU Foundation Scholarships that are available only to Garber students. They are the Lloyd and Blance Long Outstanding Senior Award, Earl H Naugle Scholarship, and Hal and Jean Long Scholarship. Applications will be available in my office and will be due in early April, 2018. The Jerry and Sue Schmidt Foundation Scholarship is selected from the Freshman Application for Admission and Scholarships. A student must be enrolling in the colleges of agriculture, human sciences, or education.

* Farm Credit of Enid will again be accepting scholarship applications this Spring. Applicants must be a child or grandchild of a Farm Credit Stockholder. Applications will be available in my office or you may go to Farm Credit's website (


Application for the 2017-18 FAFSA opened October 1, 2017. You need 2016 income tax records. Please apply as soon as possible.

* Oklahoma City Community Foundations has multiple scholarships that you might qualify for. Go to their website and fill out the general application and then search for scholarships that fit your needs. (

* The OACEP Opportunity Scholarship application is now available. This $1000 scholarship must be postmarked no later than May 4th, 2018.  Click Here for the application.

   Check this page throughout the year for scholarship forms and other important information for our students.